Dear Buena Clients,
With the novel coronavirus spreading quickly throughout the country and California emerging as a hot spot, we wanted to let you know that we’re changing how we conduct business to protect you, your pet, and our staff.
These changes might seem extreme, but we consider them essential as we navigate this new normal. In addition to the steps listed below, we’re incorporating social distancing into all of our interactions and making sure to deep clean exam rooms between patients.
Here’s what we ask of you and what you can expect when you bring your pet to see us in the near future:
1. When you arrive at our hospital, please call our reception desk at 805-642-2191.
2. One of our technicians will take your pet’s medical history over the phone. This a good time to provide us with as much detail as you can about your pet’s condition and any concerns you might have.
3. You’ll meet the technician in our lobby. The technician will take your pet to an exam room while you go back to your car.
4. While you wait, we’ll work up an estimated bill for services. Your Buena veterinarian will then either call you to inform you of the treatment plan and associated costs or they’ll visit you at your car to give you that information.
5. We’re asking that all payments be processed and follow-up appointments be scheduled over the phone.
Thank you for taking the time to familiarize yourself with our new protocols and for your patience as we do our best to serve you and your pet in this difficult and challenging environment. If you want more information, visit our website.
And please accept our best wishes for your health and the well-being of your furry family.
The Buena Veterinary Hospital Team